It is obvious with the advancement of technology, how AI is benefiting our lives in many ways. For me, online education has been such an important part of my learning journey. I have done all my degrees online thus far and loved every minute of it. Only just recently, the shift to online learning was so sudden for those not ready for digital education; as a result, the benefits and importance of e-learning were not seen.
If we take a step back to reflect on the importance of how AI has benefited our lives in other aspects, we can see how AI WILL and IS empowering learning. From programs and companies like Siri, Alexa, Tesla, Amazon, Netflix, Spotify, Facebook, Instagram, Google, website chatbots, and algorithms, it is clear how AI is a part of our lives in one way or another.
It is also known that the school systems are delayed in updating and enhancing their learning experiences (this is seen in this COVID epidemic). In recent times, we can start to see how Education in all aspects (preliminary, primary, secondary and, adult) are evolving and partnering up with other sectors such as Neuroscience, Psychology, IT, AE, and AI. Schools and Higher Education in Australia are now starting to work harder and (hopefully) faster at meeting where the technology is at now and incorporating AI (and other sectors) into the education system to meliorate the learning process.
So if you are passionate about education and how to improve it in your everyday practices, please check the below resources and dive into some of your own research.
- Matthew Montebello- AI Injected e-Learning
- Neuroscience, AI and the Future of Education | Scott Bolland | TEDxSouthBank
- Nadia Eslami- 3 Ways AI-Generated Content Will Change the E-Learning Industry
- R.L. Adams- 10 Powerful Examples Of Artificial Intelligence In Use Today
- Book: Research on e-learning and ICT in education by Jimoyiannis, Athanassios
- How to Empower Education with Artificial Intelligence | Luca Longo | TEDxDublinInstituteofTechnology